Inmate mail must be addressed as follows:
Davidson County Sheriff’s Office
PO Box 196383
Nashville, TN 37219-6383
Items Accepted Through the Mail
- All correspondents must be stamped and mailed through the United States Postal Service
- Legal mail, letters, cards and Money Orders.
- Magazines, periodicals, soft back books and Bibles must be mailed directly from a commercial source such as the publisher, Internet Company or bookstore.
- Only 35mm (millimeter) pictures are allowed. (No nudity, pornographic, or explicit pictures will be allowed)
Items Not Accepted Through the Mail*
- Inmate to inmate mail (unless it is an immediate family member with prior approval).
- Items such as stamps, envelopes, papers, pens, etc. (these items may be purchased through inmate’s commissary)
- Hard back books, Bibles, or spiral books of any kind
- Plastic cards or pictures
- No Emergency Packages
*Failure to comply with these rules will result in the mail being returned to the sender.